TruTGTM Fish Oils
The vast majority of fish oil concentrate products available on the market today are ethyl esters (EE). Not surprisingly, the reason is cost; an additional step is required to convert EEs back into their natural triglyceride (TG) state. This added process removes the ethanol backbone and re-esterifies the omega-3 fatty acids to a glycerol backbone. Interestingly, even most companies that choose to take this extra step and expense convert just 60 – 65% of the oil to TG, leaving a mixture of EE, and mono and diglyceride oil in the remainder. Only Designs for Health fish oil products carry the TruTG™ seal – your assurance that our fish oils are delivered in the form found in nature, consistent with Paleolithic nutritional philosophy, and are of unmatched TG potency. Fish oil blends and concentrates bearing the TruTG™ seal are 90 – 100% triglyceride (TG) bound omega-3 fish oils, which are 40 – 50% higher than the industry standard for TG fish oil concentrate products.
1. The TruTG Triglyceride form of fish oil is more bioavailable than that obtained from monoglyceride and other forms. Fish oil blends and concentrates bearing the TruTG™ seal are 90 – 100% triglyceride (TG) bound omega-3 fish oils, which are 40 – 50% higher than the industry standard for TG fish oil concentrate products.
2. There are no peer reviewed studies that have been published showing that monoglyceride forms are superior in fact the only study published looking at all the different forms showed that the TruTG reconstituted triglyceride form had a higher bioavailability than the monoglyceride form.
Why the Triglyceride (TG) form of fish oils?
· The naturally occurring form in foods and in the body
· Research indicates that it is up to 100% more bioavailable than the ethyl ester (EE) form
· Easier to assimilate for patients with impaired digestion and absorption
· Less prone to oxidation and production of free radicals
· No post digestion production of alcohol in the gut or blood stream as in the EE form
· Less susceptible to increasing free fatty acids in the blood, which may increase blood glucose
3. Some of our other competitor’s products not only use the monoglyceride form but also use Tilapia for their soft gel where Tilapia is a farm raised fish. These capsules are being made from what they are calling fish gelatin (skin, bones and fins. Tilapia is the fish usually used. I am sure you realize that farmed fish flesh is not healthy for you. Farmed fish, on average, showed a level of polychlorinated biphenyls, or PCBs, about seven times higher than that of wild fish. The average dioxin level in farm-raised fish was 11 times higher than in wild fish. This difference appears to be in what the fish eat. The fish industry can change the fish food which for now consists of corn and in fact is planning to but guess what they plan to change it to. They plan to use genetically modified canola or soybean oils to include more omega-3 fatty acids and use that to replace at least some of the fish oil in the pellets fed to farmed fish.
4. Furthermore, if you delve further into our competitor’s products you will see ingredients such as ammonium hydroxide which is used as a stabilizer as the monoglyceride form is a less stable form of the fish oil. As well as Ethylcellulose which is made from wood pulp and used as a non-toxic film and thickener. Pulp can be manufactured using mechanical, semi-chemical or fully chemical methods. From what I can see most ethylcellulose wood pulp is usually manufactured in China. Knowing that makes me more concerned. Although ethylcellulose is considered non-toxic, in reality it has not been studied for ingestion. Then sodium alginate is the hydrocolloid obtained by extraction with water or aqueous alkali, from some members of the class brown seaweeds and is a plasticiser.
Contains 1:1 EPA:DHA with GPC to help support brain function
The choline from GPC is absorbed and raises blood levels as well as brain levels of choline used for synthesis of phosphatidylcholine and acetylcholine.
PC-DHA is stored in the brain and is vital to neuronal cell membranes and mitochondrial membranes
PC-EPA is part of other cell membranes in the brain.
Both protect the brain from oxidative damage and support memory and cognitive function
GPC synthesis of acetylcholine supports brain function (focus, attention, motivaton), muscle contraction, skin tone, GI motility and other tissue functions. Improves brain to muscle communication and muscle to muscle communication.
Increases production of dopamine, serotonin, growth hormone and GABA
Contains 1:1 EPA:DHA with phytocannabinoids standardized to 10mg of the phytocannabinoids from stalk and seed fibers of hemp with no THC.
Works on CB1 receptors in the central nervous system (pain management, mood) as well as the CB2 receptors in the periphery particularly the Lymph tissue, immune system, vascular smooth muscle, muscle cells.
Ratio of arachidonic acid and EPA/DHA is usually skewed towards an inflammatory pathway. A liquid product with a high dose of Omega 3’s brings that ratio back in balance quickly.
Citrus Sorbet – 1 tbsp= 1900mg of Omega 3’s
Mango/Peach – 2 tsp= 900mg – good option for kids
Key Lime – 1 tbsp= 1900mg of Omega 3’s
Lemon Drop – 2 tsp= 2250mg
Put in yogurt or protein shake
Tastes good, no burping, no fish taste – burping mostly from ethyl ester form
Omegavail Marine – lowest potency – 260mg EPA:DHA per softgel
Omegavail Ultra – 500mg EPA:DHA per softgel
Omegavail Hi-Po - 750mg EPA:DHA per softgel
Omegavail TG1000 – 912mg EPA:DHA per softgel
To buy any of these omega products go to theeherbdoc.ehealthpro.com and sign up for an extra 20% off.
$26.46 - $66.18
This unique omega 3-6-7-9 formula contains a blend of wild deep-sea sourced fish oils containing the omega-3 fats (EPA/DHA) in the TruTG™ form, the most important omega-6 fat (GLA from borage oil), the omega-7 fat palmitoleic acid and omega-9 fat oleic acid from certified virgin organic macadamia nut oil. EPA helps keep GLA metabolism in an anti-inflammatory mode. In addition, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) plays as many important roles in human health as EPA, along with promoting brain wellness.
Designs for Health fish oil products carry the TruTG™ seal, which are delivered in the form found in nature and are of superior TG potency. The TruTG™ seal guarantees a minimum 90% triglyceride-bound (TG) omega-3 fish oils, a level that is 40% - 50% higher than the industry standard for most TG fish oil concentrate products.
As always, our fish oils are molecularly distilled and filtered to ensure purity and to maximize the removal of heavy metals, pesticides, solvents, PCBs, and other contaminants.
Servings Per Container: 30
As a dietary supplement, take two softgels per day with meals,
or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Serving Size: 2 softgels
Amount Per Serving
Calories ... 20
Calories from Fat ... 20
Total Fat ... 2g
Cholesterol ... >5mg
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
EPA ... 270mg
DHA ... 180mg
Omega-6 Fatty Acids
GLA ... 160mg
(Gamma Linolenic Acid)(from borage oil)
Omega-7 Fatty Acids
Pamitoleic Acid ... 85mg
(from virgin organic macadamia nut oil)
Omega-9 Fatty Acids
Oleic Acid ... 400mg
(from virgin organic macadamia nut oil)
Other Ingredients: Natural lemon flavor, lipase, mixed tocopherols; bovine gelatin, glycerine, water, annatto as natural color (softgel ingredients)
Contains fish (anchovy, sardines, mackerel or tuna oil) and tree nuts (macadamia nuts).
Does not contain gluten
Warning: Consult your health care practitioner before use if you are taking blood thinning medication or are planning to have surgery.
Refrigerate after opening.
Notice: Color, size or shape may appear different between lots.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.